Friday, June 3, 2011

Breakfast with the Hysterics


Good morning, Hysterics. Slow night in Boston sports last night, with both the Sox and Bruins getting much-needed days off. So I don't know about you, but I decided to just relax and take a break from sports. However, right before I was about to turn in, I flicked on the NBA Finals, and I immediately got hooked in. I told myself I wasn't going to watch any more of the NBA Playoffs after the C's lost, and after it became pretty apparent that the Heat were going to win it all, but my hatred for Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Spoelstra, and the rest of the Heat knows no bounds.

I joined the game around the start of the 4th quarter, the Heat were up by about 4, but they quickly started to just flat-out dominate. Dallas was taking stupid shots, turning it over like crazy, and Wade and Co. were having their way with the Mavs, Mark Chmura style. It was 88-73 with 7:15 remaining, and honestly, I don't know why I didn't just turn it off right then. Maybe I was rooting for Lebron to blow out his knee, or Bosh to try and break the Finals record for screams/points ratio, but I stuck around. Then, all of a sudden, the Mavs cut it to 9. Then 7. Then it was a 2-point game, Wade shit his pants during a timeout, and we had some damn good basketball on our hands. And I think you've heard by now what happened after that. Lebron stood and watched Dirk drain a three, then Ze German rolled in a layup with 3 seconds left and it was over. The Heat we knew all too well for the first 30 or so games of the season was back. The once inevitable had become... maybe not so much.

I'm not saying the Mavs will win this series, but after a game like that, the Heat might be broken a little. I'm sure Lebron went out and spent $50 grand at the club and partied last night, but it's got to be weighing on his mind that they had that game, blew it, and hey, he still doesn't have a ring! Now the series shifts to Dallas for THREE games, and the Mavs have all the momentum in the world. Nothing would make me happier than Lebron being deprived his first Championship AGAIN, and if he does, I can't WAIT to see how he reacts. Hey, he can't make an appointment with Kevorkian anymore, now can he? I know, I know, it's one game and the Heat are probably still a better team. But I just love seeing this fucking fraud choke on his own ego, even if it's just a one-game deal like this. I truly believe he's a fucking terrible person, and because he thinks he's entitled to some sort of automatic success, I love seeing his ass fail. Also, fuck Chris Bosh.

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: