Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Breakfast with the Hysterics


Happy dreary morning to you and yours from your friends at Mass Hysteria. The crappy weather continues in the Boston area for the 3765th day in a row, but the Red Sox continue their stretch of hot baseball. Before I start the recap, I'd like to look at one of the constant criticisms of yours truly and Mass Hysteria in general. I admit we have a tendency to be overly critical of our athletes. I have taken my shots at many athletes here, Dice K, John Lackey, Matt Ryan (yeah right), the Patriots pass rush, Shaquille O'Neal etc. But for today, I'm going to keep it all positive, no mention of Dice K's seven walks here today, instead lets focus on the fact the Red Sox came from 6 runs behind to beat the Orioles yesterday 8-7. Hopefully I can be your ray of sunshine on this depressing Tuesday. Last night was a ballsy win, and another statement for a team that seems to have finally turned it around. For the first time this season the Sox are now OVER .500, and are now in a virtual tie with the Yanks (Hey pals, we can now mock you for playing like shit). After the start the Red Sox had, and the spotty pitching they received last night, how can you complain?

The second point on my tour of positivity, let's all take a deep breath, smile and just appreciate Adrian Gonzalez. I remember reading Yankee blogs mocking him at the beginning of the season. Mike Axisa over at River Ave Blues sarcastically tweeted about Gonzalez having 1 wall ball, and only one home run in the entire month of April. Well Yankees, to quote the corpse of Shaquille O'Neal "Tell me how my ass tastes". With the exception of Jose Bautista, no one is hitting the ball as well as Gonzo. He has 9 home runs the month of May. 9! He leads the league in RBIs, and has made me fall head over heels in love with his entire game. Honestly, I thought he was going to be good, but this past week has been near legendary. He has a sweet swing, plays stellar defense, and runs like I do. At what point are opposing pitchers going to start giving him the Barry Bonds treatment and just take their chances on Youk? Every game that goes by, it's clear Gonzo is everything Theo thought he would be, and well worth the package of prospects it took to get him.

On a side note, since Mass Hysteria relaunched two important aspects of our blog have been surprisingly missing. No, not Raquel and APimpNamedDaveR, they have long since said their goodbyes to our happy little blog, and got "real jobs". No, of course I am talking about two of our favorite commenters Rocco and Boatdrinks. They were a consistent force in our comments, giving their points of views and letting us know whats what. But they have disappeared, leaving our happy little blog in the lurch. If anyone has seen or knows where these two are, please let them know we are back. They really did add a lot to our blog. We just don't know how we will survive without random comments signed BOATDRINKS.


See I made it the entire post without taking a shot at Dice K. I'm a big boy now!

1 comment:

dubbschism said...

your colour scheme makes my eyes burn.