Thursday, May 26, 2011

Breakfast with the Hysterics


Must... make it... to... Friday... night. Can... not... think... of last night's game...

GOD THAT SUCKED

Hi guys and gals, I'm a hurting little buckaroo this morning. But not to worry - I have a giant water in front of me and enough coffee to caffeinate half the eastern sea board. My head hurts, my eyes sting, and I feel like I woke up next to Chaz Bono...and that's only because of the Bruins. Yesterday was the ultimate bi-polar day of my life. The soaring highs, the epic lows. All wrapped up in the span of about 8 hours.

The Red Sox decided that they would take the offensive lapses that happened the first two weeks of the season and balance them with their second epic ass whooping of the week. After pounding the Cubs back to Wrigley on Sunday, the Sox took the American League leading Indians and shoved their Indian drum up their Wahoo hole. Jon Lester decided that he was sick of pitching like John Lackey and threw a gem through 6 innings, shutting out the Indians. But the story of the day had to be the offense. Carl Crawford went 4-4, and was a triple away from the cycle (he is going to break out soon, which gives me a an excite-gasm), Dustin Pedroia ripped the ball all over the park, and something called a Drew Sutton had 3 hits as well. The Red Sox are now 5 games over .500 as they head into America's toilet, Detroit. The Sox are playing red hot baseball, even with Aceves on the mound, we are facing a righty in Max Scherzer...I expect big things from this lineup today.

And the Bruins....oh the Bruins. Last night was pretty shitty, but not unexpected. Everyone is quick to blame the power play for our current woes, but can we look at Tim Thomas? WE HAVE LET UP 21 GOALS THIS SERIES OF COURSE WE ARE GOING TO LOSE. Sure Kaberle and Boychuk are playing like human sieves, but Tim Thomas's tendency to over commit to plays have left the Bruins praying the 7th game goes their way. A few days ago I was talking to Smarty Barrett about the Bruins, and I said to him "You know who I don't get? David Krejci. People love this guy but he doesn't seem to do anything for the team." Last night answered that question for me. A hat trick and some great forechecking had to make him the MVP of a rather depressing game. Oh did I mention, CAN IT BE FRIDAY PLEASE?

No comments: