Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Bet Made

This afternoon over at the now vacant Gillette Stadium (sorry the Revolution doesn't count), the UMass Safety School Minutemen announced that they are going to be a FBS Division 1 School. They are set to join the MAC and compete against perennial power houses Kent State, Eastern Michigan and Larry's Plumbing and Heating. Well at dinner tonight over drinks, my friend and reader DALE! started talking shit about my beloved Boston College.

"DUDE UMASS IS GOING TO WIPE THE FLOOR WITH BC"
"HOW IS IT GOING TO FEEL TO BE THE #2 COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM IN MASSACHUSETTS"

etc etc.

Well I had heard enough, I told DALE! to put his money where his mouth is and made him what I feel is a very generous bet. If BC loses to UMass in the next ten years he will have a night of drinking on me, if not he owes me the same. I can't imagine BC is going to lose to that joke of a school in western Mass, but then again I have been wrong. Hysterics, I ask you, did I make a wise bet?

1 comment:

Cornelius Hardenbergh said...

5 years might have been wise, but it's possible to build a football program that will beat bc in 10 years.

Also, welcome back to posting! Glad to see you back on the blog on top of twitter.

Thirdly, the Revolution do count, but you could probably get a 2nd-grader to accurately count the people at a Revs game. Which is convenient, since most games have at least one or two school/camp groups in attendance.