Friday, January 1, 2010

How to spend your first (hungover) day of 2010

The first of the year, time for resolutions that you have no intention to keep (my first one is to stay clear of Herpes), and sit around hung over all day watching football. But there is something else you can do today, the Winter Classic over at Fenway Park. As mentioned before on this blog, I know virtually nothing about the NHL. I love hockey, and especially college hockey, so I am not going to mock the league, but if you asked me who the leading scorer in the NHL was, I couldn't even guess (Ovechkin?). But for the first time since the NHL playoffs last year, I am very excited about a hockey game.

Even if you don't give a shit about hockey, today is going to be a historic day. Fenway Park has been tranformed into a hockey rink, for one week there won't be talk about Pedroia, Youk and Papelbon; instead you will be hearing about Chara, Savard and Tuukka Rask. And that mask is fucking awesome. A bear eating a Yankees uniform? What could be better? Well maybe if the bear was wiping his ass with a Jeter jersey, or disemboweling Joba Chamberlain, but I digress. So 1pm turn on your television modules, turn it to Versus or whatever channel is showing this game and enjoy.

Or do what GHABBY would do and turn on the Florida game, your choice.

1 comment:

Shaun said...

I watched, it was a great game.