Thursday, December 10, 2009

Seriously?

Should the Red Sox be trading Mike Lowell?
How do you feel about the potential departure of Mike Lowell?

This is a bad move, trading away a leader and a champion on a team that could certainly use both. The Sox could have kept Lowell in some capacity.
53.2%
I hate to say it, but it was time. Thanks for everything, Mike, but this was the right move.
46.8%
Total votes: 4926

Boston.com's surveys are not scientifically valid. They reflect the opinions of only those who vote. More
Boston.com
via Boston.com

(53.2%, you did see how much he broke down over the past two years right?)



Wow, I should probably call Mike Lowell and see what his thoughts on the trade are...

(phone vibrates)
(phone vibrates)
(phone falls off coffee table onto rug)

Mike Lowell: GOD DAMN IT HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THAT NOW!

Happy trails Mike Lowell.

3 comments:

SmartyBarrett said...

It's time to smile.

Shaun said...

I agree with the trade. While many of us enjoyed his time here, fact of the matter is, it's a business, and the business is to win the World Series.


I did, however, note somewhere that the Sox plan was to go for Adrian Beltre. I'd rather see them move Youkilis to third and try to get Gonzalez from San Diego.

(could be because on MLB 08: The Show, I got Beltre one offseason and he didn't homer until like June)

I'd still think Gonzalez with Youk at third is a better option.

nfsffw said...

I live in San Diego and as much as I'd like to see Adrian in Boston I'd say it's way unlikely. Pads dumped Peavy and Hoyer actually has some money to spend.Gonzales grew up here and is the favorite son, no way SD trades him unless they get a LOT in return.
Kotchman at first vs Lowell at third isn't much of a downgrade, if in fact a downgrade at all.