I WANTZ UR POESITIONZ!
Just like three years ago, Alex Gonzalez is gone again. He can't really hit, he swings at just about everything, but god damn he can play some defense. But on a team that had all sorts of trouble putting together big innings last year having a sub .300 OBP won't cut it. Look at all the other players that had higher On Base Percentages than Gonzalez.
1. Derek Jeter
2. Marco Scutaro
3. Porn Star Houston
4. Ted William's Frozen Head
5. The Backup left fielder on the Saugus Waumpanaug JV softball team
6. Eddie Andelman
7. The Jesus Guy who stands outside of every Boston event with the "You are going to hell placard"
8. A blind folded Kevin Youkilis
9. Eddie Gaedel
10. EVERY OTHER SHORT STOP NOT NAMED YUNIESKY BETANCOURT.
If there is one thing that Theo doesn't seem to "get", it's fielding a viable shortstop that can do more than one aspect of baseball without drooling on himself. Lugo, Gonzalez, Lowrie, Cabrera, Nick Green, the list just goes on and on. With Marco Scutaro and possibly Orlando Cabrera being the only decent stop gaps available this year (unless there is a trade out there), there might be yet another giant void at shortstopYou have to admit watching Gonzalez in the field is something special, but god at times he was painfully bad at the plate. The carousel at SS continues, but we can trust Theo right? RIGHT???