Thursday, October 8, 2009

Breakfast with the Hysterics


Finally, the night we have all been waiting for, the opening of the playoffs for YOUR Boston Red Sox. But of course with this being a West Coast game, the goddamn start time is going to be 930, which I guess is a little better than the 10 oclock starts last year. At the risk of sounding old, I want to let you all know that I go to bed normally around 10 oclock, and wake up a little before 6. I promise you that tomorrow I will be in either one or two shapes: 1) strung out of my gourd after two or three large Dunkins iced coffee b) so friggin tired that I won't be able to coherently form sentences, and barely miss carening my car off the side of the road on the way to work. Or more likely there is a third option, I will probably fall asleep somewhere during the 2nd inning and wake up sporadically to see what the hell is going on. Last west coast swing, I woke up once during the 1st, 7th inning and Heidi Watney interviewing me naked in the shower (wait that was a dream). God I hate late games.

OMGZ!!!!! TONITE IZ THE OFFICE WEDDING!!!!!!! PAM & JIM ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!!! Purely out of principal I am never watching this episode, unless I hear afterwards that Pam left Jim on the altar to copulate Michael, or that Jim had been banging Karen on the side the whole time. Though I doubt that will happen, because the Office has turned from irrevant to a goddamn soap opera. But because I have been loyal to the show for such a long time, I have cake topper that I think is very fitting for the show. Hell I will even give you a preview of what it will look like.

9 comments:

SmartyBarrett said...

+1 Jump the Shark reference.

Start watching Lost (on DVD) or Bored to Death. These 2 shows are sustaining me right now.

Shaun said...

The Office is awesome. I don't bother having cable (why when I can see/hear all the Pats/Sox/Celts/B's games online), but have the DVD season sets. Finished the first four seasons. Haven't started the fifth yet.

HZMLS said...

The Office was awesome

/fixed

ballamiguel said...

You can't really equate The Office with "Ghosts of Girlfriend's Past" or a Lifetime show in terms of cheesiness. If you've watched the show this season, the PB&J wedding is a sub-plot. It gets the same amount of attention in the storyline as the old pranks on Dwight used to get. Plus, it's not like you see PB&J making out on camera (anymore).

Tonight won't be like Zach smooching Kelly on "Saved by the Bell" (oooooOOOOoooo!!!). Despite the inevitable warm and fuzziness, which weddings usually have...you still have Michael being obnoxious, Meredith getting hammered, Kevin eating a lot, Andy trying to be cool, etc. I hope we TIVOed it.

HZMLS said...

@ballmiguel

I totally forgot that Andy was even on the show. Has he even been on this season?

HZMLS said...

and when they are advertising it as "The Office Wedding" and the ads highlight Jim and Pam kissing, its more than a subplot, it's a whole fucking episode.

SmartyBarrett said...

"Michael... am I gay?"

/best line of the season thus-far

Or possibly: "HEY ASSHOLE! You gonna eat all that dog food yourself?!?!"

ballamiguel said...

Limited role...but in the first episode, one of the pieces of gossip that was floating around was that Andy was gay. Apparently, "this is not the first time rumors about [him] being gay have come up", someone needs to talk to Broccoli Rob.

ballamiguel said...

It's merely an attempt by NBC to bring back the people who haven't watched the previous 3 seasons. The episode is actually called "Niagara".