Sunday, July 26, 2009

Congratulations James Edward Rice




It's the Sunday that Jim Rice has been waiting years for. He is finally getting inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. And although I've heard from a reliable source that Jim likes to "drink martinis and watch soap operas" at a certain country club, Rice was one of the most feared hitters in Red Sox history. As a young boy I can remember an outfield tandem of Rice and Evans, who at the time were my favorite players on the team, and that was during Rice's DOWN years. Unfortunately I missed the years when he could do everything, I was just looking at his stats, its hard to believe that he led the league in TRIPLES. Anyways congrats Jimmy, and hopefully you can enjoy a nice stiff martini in Cooperstown tonight.

1 comment:

Pepster said...

Williams, then Yaz, and now Rice. Next up for the Siren's call of the Hall of Fame - Mike Greenwell!

In all seriousness, Congrats to Rice. He definitely deserves it!