Monday, April 6, 2009

Breakfast with the Hysterics


Not to sound like Raquel, but OMG OMG OMG IT'S OPENING DAY!!!!1!!! As a lifelong Red Sox fan, this has to be my highlight of the year, the winter is over, snow can finally take a backseat, and the boys of summer are ready to rock the perverbial cocks of the AL. Unfortunately I will be stuck at work for most of the game, but that is what the radio and Game Cast is for. For all of you haters out there, please aim your ire directly at SmartyBarrett. This fool is actually going to the game today, snagging tickets in one of those online ticket lotteries (you know the one, the one that usually ends up with Stub Hub and that Italian with the horrid sunburn and receding hairline that hangs out in Kenmore Square getting like 90% of the draws). So SB got two tickets and is right now at home, waiting to go to Opening Day. Yes I am jealous. Today's matchup we have Beckett and Shields. Who you got ?

SMARTY BARRETT INTERFERENCE


The game has been postponed until tomorrow at 4:05. This puts me in a predicament because I already took today out of work. New question! What excuse do I use to get out of work tomorrow and see this game?

4 comments:

Cornelius Hardenbergh said...

Couldn't you just work today and take tomorrow off instead? Or do you think they don't know you took it off for opening day?

Raquel said...

I was about to haughtily retort that I'm sure my Opening Day post from last year was considerably more dignified than "OMG OMG OMG IT'S OPENING DAY!!!!1!!!"... and then I found this. Sigh.

The A-Train said...

diarrhea is a money excuse for getting out of work.

No one will think less of you for staying the fuck away from the office, and you'll be all better in a day or two without any lingering effects like coughing/sore throat.

On a similar note: food poisoning.

Sh!tShow said...

S'okay, Raq. Mine was worse.

And it all depends on what you used to get out today. Most offices would let you get away with two sick days, right? I think? Note: I can't be sure, due to the fact that my last real office job had a a manager that would just assume I was hungover even if I stillh ad my hospital band on. Douchefucker.