Friday, March 20, 2009

Breakfast with the Hysterics


My god the combination of yesterday and today is probably one of the best days in sports during the year. The tournament has started, yesterday had some great games, but no real upsets (unless you consider Western Kentucky beating Illinois, but come on Ill. scored 33 points in a game this year). Today there are some great matchups, with probably the most intriguing of course being BC-USC. I realize now that I am in a big minority in not only picking BC to beat USC, but also to go on next round and beat Michigan State. But I've ranted on that long enough, and I'm sure you readers are sick of hearing about it. If they do however win tonight, be prepared for an alcohol induced tirade that is sure to make as much sense as the plotline of Lost.

I feel obligated to mention that the Bruins played last night, and dropped what should have been an easy win against a bad Kings team 3-2 in OT. Pretty painful loss, because they had a 2-0 lead going into the third period but goals by Michal Handzus, Drew Doughty and the killer by Dustin Brown (who will not be the backup catcher for the Red Sox) iced the Bruins. As you know my hockey knowledge is very limited, but jesus everytime I look at the B's results it seems they have blown yet another game. See Cornelius, and every other hockey fan here that bitches when I forget about mentioning the Bruins? I just wrote a whole fucking paragraph about them.


Day one of the Tournament Challenge is complete and our diabetic overlord is in charge with a ten point lead:
1. GHABBY
2 tied - HZMLS, J. Sweeney, D. Smith. E. Dolan, Stanley Cup of Chowder


And in last place, in the 2nd percentile: Cornelius Hardenbergh.

5 comments:

Cornelius Hardenbergh said...

Because I know approximately dick about college basketball.

The A-Train said...

I'd be doing a lot better if my almost-alumni* VCU had beat UCLA. Come on, Rams! I know you can do better than that!**


*I was accepted into VCU and wanted to go, but wound up going to a school that wasn't 10 hours away

**I have no clue. Honestly, I've seen VCU play twice counting last night.

Raquel said...

Once again, the Bruins snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Who wants to go to a game with me sometime in the coming weeks? These boys need our support!!

The A-Train said...

Will you be like that girl at the Panthers game?

Cornelius Hardenbergh said...

When you go, let me know - I sit in 307.