Monday, February 23, 2009

Breakfast with the Hysterics



Good morning folks, welcome back after what was hopefully a refreshing weekend. Wasn't for me, seems like I get more exhausted after a weekend, but I think that has more to do with my substance issues more than anything. Yesterday was a busy day for Boston sports, with the KG-less Celtics beating the snot out of Amare Stoudamire-less Suns. It seems like every team in the NBA is missing some vital cog right now, the Magic are without Jameer Nelson, the Spurs are without Manu, the Rockets TMac, and the list goes on and on. The Bruins, well the Bruins had a VERY shitty weekend dropping two straight to the Panthers, and the lowly Lightning. Yesterday's loss was especially demoralizing because, 1) the B's fought back to tie it, 2) Tampa sucks 3) they lost it with a little over a minute left in the game. With this latest swan dive, it will be interesting to see what moves the B's make around the trade deadline. Hockey fans, what do you see coming?

I'm sure most of you know that last night was the Oscars, or "Slumdog Millionaire Bukkakefest '09" as it was temporarily changed to last night. I am definitely not one to watch Award Shows, I find them to be long drawn out "pat on the back Hollywood is awesome night" and last night was no exception. Instead of watching 8000 shots of Angelina Jolie, or that Australian douchebag Hugh Jackman host the show, I watched a marathon of my favorite History Channel TV show "Gangland". If you ever want to scare the complacency out of you, watch this show, and realize that if you weren't where you are now, you could be living in a community overridden with the Mexican Mafia, Latin Kings, or the Gotti Boyz. It was far more interesting than listening to Sean Penn drone on and on and on about his latest political agenda, saving the AIDS infested parrots of Ethiopia.

But then again there was Marissa Tomei. My sweet jesus christ, this woman is a 10. Perfect, and she is 44 which is alot older than me, but my god the things I would do to her. She was pretty hot in My Cousin Vinny, but that was like trashy Bronx hot, now she is gorgeous. Please even if you hate wrestling, and can't stand Mickey Rourke, go and see The Wrestler for her. She struts around naked almost the entire movie, and beside the fact that she is tatted up and looks like she works in the Combat Zone in Boston, she will give you ummm plenty of material for about a month of self regulated practice. And oh yeah The Academy, lick my ass for not nominating The Wrestler for Best Picture. Benjamin Button? Blow me.

6 comments:

Cornelius Hardenbergh said...

They'll pick up a winger, hopefully a winner.

What they'll have to give up? I don't know, but I hope it's not too much. I'd like them to do well next year, too. I guess this is why they start selling next year's season tickets before the trade deadline.

But the first thing they'll pick up is home cooking, and hopefully that helps over the next half-dozen games.

Raquel said...

Bah. Tampa's home to possibly the most potent scoring duo in the East; it's not surprising we dropped to them, especially given the absurdly low momentum we had coming in to last night (one win in the previous 7 fucking games?! KILL ME).

There's a lot of buzz going around that the Bruins should trade Manny Fernandez now that Tuukka Rask is becoming a more and more viable option in the net. I want to go on the record as saying that this is a TERRIBLE FUCKING IDEA. I do NOT want to make a playoffs run with only a super green backup available in the event of a Tim Thomas meltdown -- and let's PLEASE not forget how prone to those he's been in the past.

Agreed, that I'd like a solid winger (dumping Blake Wheeler over to left wing does not strike me as a sustainable option). A veteran blue-liner would also be really, really nice.

Pepster said...

How 'bout them Panthers?! I mean, what is hockey again?

Raquel said...

TOMAS KABERLE. Let's do this. Right now.

Cornelius Hardenbergh said...

I don't know how you cover the suns/celtics game without this Shaq Twitter post:

I hate leprekons lol
about 23 hours ago from txt

hcg said...

One moment, I'll post mine soon. just wanted to say I love your new site!