Thursday, February 12, 2009

Breakfast with the Hysterics


Happy Thirsty Thursday to all you Hysterics out there on the interwebs. Did the Celtics win last night? OH YES THEY DID. The Celtics went down to New Owlin's and soundly beat the Hornets last night 89-77. The game was much closer than the score indicated, as CP3 looked absolutely sick, but unfortunately he can't score 89 points a game....or can he? This was the second meeting between the Celtics and James Posey, and you can bet there was lots of bro hugs and butt pats between the ex teammates after the game.

Also, the first sign that winter is over happens in about 15 minutes. PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT TO MUTHA FUCKIN SPRING TRAINING!!! Many of the Red Sox pitchers have already shown up, Beckett, Lester, Brad Penny, Saito. Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god, we are only two months away from my life being completely ruled by the Sox schedule. No more what am I going to watch on TV, when I get home from work. No more watching UConn-Syracuse games, because there is nothing else on. No more forcing myself to watch CSI or whatever other shitty network shows are on. I can finally return to that cool soothing back and forth banter between Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy, and the roar of Fenway Park. Spring training is long, and pretty useless, and the World Baseball Classic is a waste of time, but this is the light at the end of the tunnel. No more never ending cold winter days, I can see them coming down the pike. Dice K, Papelbon, Papi, Rocco Baldelli, YOUK, oh my god I can hardly wait.


Question for the Hysterics: You pumped for the 2009 season? Why?

4 comments:

Raquel said...

You pumped for the 2009 season? Why?

Three words.

Fuck.

Yo.

Mitochondria.

Can't wait to hit up a game with SmartyBarrett wearing our matching Baldelli shirts.

Raquel said...

I guess that's more like 2.5 words, but whatever.

The A-Train said...

To rip off KSK:

O HELLZ YEZ. A-TRAIN GONE DRAAAAANK!

Seriously though, I've got an excuse to be drunk at least 162 times from april to october. How great is that?

And with a little luck, the red sox will miss the playoffs, allowing me to enjoy another post-season of fair-weather Boston 'fans' throwing hissy-fits and temper tantrums.

shaun said...

I watched Fever Pitch this morn. Let the season commence.