Friday, February 6, 2009

Breakfast with the Hysterics



I am about to utter a phrase I didn't think I would ever utter before. Any disparaging of a URI or former URI player is like complete blasphemy in my book. Hell, I've even stuck up Stephon Marbury because his brother went to Rhody. But the hell with it, here goes: Fuck Lamar Odom.

Ouch, that was painful. I can't believe it was ten years ago when I was a giddy high school junior running around my house after just seeing Odom lead Rhode Island to maybe the best victory in team history. It seems like yesterday. But what was actually yesterday was Lamar Motherfucking Odom going off in the second half and in overtime to down the Celtics. Fuck him and fuck the Lakers. He's not quite up there with Gasol and Vujačić in terms of guys I fucking hate on that team, but he's getting close. Fucking fuck shit fucking fuck assholes. Fuck the Lakers. Whatever, it's just one game in February. I still feel really confident that the C's can take this team in a seven-game series any day.

To calm everyone down from last night, take solace in the following: 1. The Bruins won, yay! Seems as if they're finally winning some shootouts recently, after sucking in said situations earlier in the year. P.J. Axelsson was the hero last night, but goddamn Tim Thomas was also extremely nasty, stopping all five Ottawa shooters and just playing out-of-his-mind in general. Dude is old school. For those playing at home, the B's are now 39-8-6, good for 84 points, and they're pulling away from San Jose as the best team in the NHL. Hopefully in two weeks or so it won't even be close anymore. Still not excited? Well how about 2. TODAY IS TRUCK DAY!



If this doesn't get you all hot and bothered, then I don't know what to tell you. We're a mere SIX days away from pitchers and catchers reporting. GET EXCITED!!

No comments: