Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Breakfast with the Hysterics



Good morning Hysterics. Smarty Barrett here, back in the fold and recovering from a bout of the deadliest strain of SyphilAIDS that has had me in an ilness-related coma since the end of the Super Bowl. In fact, the last thing I remember before the cold meds took me under was Fitzgerald beating the Steelers up the seam for a huge touchdown in the waning minutes of the 4th quarter. So congrats Cardinals on the win!

So yesterday around 1:00 in the afternoon, I finally forced myself to get out of bed, and, you know, do stuff. Eat, shower, shave, brush my teeth...contrary to popular belief, I do most of those things on a regular basis. Anyway, I was determined to make it through the entire Celtics game, but alas, I could not. I watched most of the first half, as they pissed away a 12 point lead at the end of the first quarter and only held a slim 1 point lead at the half. That's about when the symptoms of my TubercuLupus crept up and I couldn't stay awake any longer. Now I know what you're thinking. "Holy shit, he missed that crazy finish!" ...or did I?

It seems a bit of luck was on my side. After sleeping for about an hour, I woke up in a bit of a panic. I decided that today would be the day I returned to work and I needed to make sure my alarm clock was still working. I flicked on the clock radio and the first thing I heard was "98-96, Celtics down by two, Rondo to trigger the in-bound." So in actuality, I didn't miss a thing! Grande and Max gave me all the details, and believe me, they were going nuts. (As a side note, is there any better play-by-play guy than Grande? The guy is an absolute artist with words, and you can feel him truly get excited with big plays.) Another win in the books, and a good feeling in that they were able to squeak one out on a night where they certainly didn't play their best ball. Next up - the Lakers. Bring it.

No comments: