Friday, January 16, 2009

Someone on Jeopardy needs a Dictionary



When I first saw this video I thought it was cute, kind of funny, a nice little jab at our scowling ogre of a coach. But ok, I am not one to be a wet blanket here but this question makes absolutely no sense. First of all it's not an objective question at all, which questions on Jeopardy are supposed to be. It's pretty clear that someone with an anti-Belichick anti Patriots bias wrote this question, maybe it was one of the 18 billion blogs out there that rips them daily. Beli-cheat, Pat-cheatriots Dar-hahahahaha. But I don't think "Hissy Fit" is the correct term at all to describe what Belichick did after the Super Bowl. Here is urban dictionary.com's definition:

noun. A sudden outburst of temper, often used to describe female anger at something trivial. Originally regional from American South. Thought to originate from contraction of "hysterical fit."
She threw a hissy fit when she found out the last pair of shoes had been sold.

or

An unreasonable emotional out burst.
Just because I forgot your birthday, theres no reason to throw a Hissy Fit

Hmmm, that doesn't sound anywhere near the reaction Belichick had after losing to the Giants. Nothing Belichick has EVER done publicly could be considered a Hissy Fit. He was just a complete poor loser about the whole situation and acted like an asshole. Let me rewrite this question for Jeopardy:

One second away from defeat in the 2008 Super Bowl this douche-y head coach, sulked like a bitch and stalked off the field.

I am pretty sure Turd Ferguson would have gotten this one right...

2 comments:

Rocco said...

Best Jepoardy question (answer) ever. Now, as you probably know, I'm from Buffalo and root for the Bills. And I am 100% jealous of the Patriots. That is a great franchise and team. I can't root against them. And I'll grant that Belichick is a genius head coach. But man is he just an asshole.

nfsffw said...

With one second left in Super Bowl XLII, this Hall of Fame coach left the field, having been smote by Assante Samuel, two fucks named Eli and Tyree, and God.