Friday, January 2, 2009

Breakfast with the Hysterics



Good morning and Happy New Year, all! I only have one question this morning. Just one...WHO IS THE BEST FUCKING TEAM IN THE NHL?!?!?! If you said the Boston Bruins...you're wrong. Because the correct answer is the Boston MOTHERFUCKING Bruins. With a 4-2 victory of the surprisingly hapless Penguins last night, the Bruins have won 10 straight games, 14 straight at home, and now have a 29-5-4 record. For all you mathletes out there, that's good for 62 points, narrowly besting the San Jose Sharks for the top spot in the league. Raquel is MIA due to New Year's plans or travel plans or drinking plans or some such debauchery involving several or all of the above, but rest assured, she's more excited about this than the release of the 2009 Hunky Evan Longoria Calendar*.

So I spent most of my New Years Day mostly playing Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe for XBox360 and let me tell you...it's fucking awesome. It was my first time playing this game, but I am no stranger to video game dorkiness. Now, this may hinder me a bit with the ladies, but it shouldn't. In fact, I have a chart that explains why:



Although I'm not into games as much as I used to be in high school (when I alternated between playing video games and being busy not getting laid), I can still waste a good chunk of a day with a controller in my hand. About a week or so ago I got a chain email from my cousin discussing everyone's opinion on the 5 greatest video games of all time. As I tried to comprise my list I realized that there have been so many great games I can't even begin to break it down. So question for the masses: What is your favorite video game of all time? And is there a bigger geek than me?

*Calendar may or may not exist.

6 comments:

Hazel Maes Landing Strip said...

I can't even list one video game so let me make a top 10

1. Super Mario Brothers 3
2. NHL '93
3. Tecmo Super Bowl
4. Guitar Hero/Rock Band
5. Bubble Bobble
6. Madden (whatever year it is)
7. Mortal Kombat
8. Contra
9. Super Mario Brothers
10. Super Mario Brothers 2

SmartyBarrett said...

up up down down left right left right B A start

nfsffw said...

At 29-5-4, Boston has its best 38-game start since 1929-30 when they had a club record 67 points with a 33-4-1 record.

Fucking awesome.

Oh, and Mario Kart.

Anonymous said...

I thought it ended "B A B A Select Start"?


I seriously think the Bruins can go all the way. I can't wait for NHL 09 to arrive.

Shaun said...

The above comment was me. I forgot to enter name.

Rocco said...

Tecmo Super Bowl
any NHL (95 for Genesis is tops)
Mario Kart
Golden Eye
any Madden
Metal Gear Solid 2
...the list goes and on and on.