Thursday, December 4, 2008

Boston Sports Tonight!

Bruins @ Lightning, 7:30 pm. A whirlwind two-game tour of Florida (America's Hockey Capital!) kicks off tonight against Tampa Bay. I filled you in on the Bruins earlier today, so I'll keep this short and sweet: us = good; Bolts = bad; Barry Melrose = fired, possibly related to moose; Vincent Lecavalier = nothing special, pshh like I'd ever let myself be attracted to a Tampa Bay athlete. Oh, and Marco Sturm will be off the ice tonight, so any and all "Lightning Sturm" jokes are off the board. DAMMIT!

An interesting (not really) Tampa Bay personnel note: the current assistant coach of the Bolts is none other than Marshfield's own Mike Sullivan, whom you Bruins faithful out there will remember from a torrid stint as the Bruins' own head coach during the seasons immediately before and immediately after the lockout. He was fired, natch, after the bloody back-alley abortion that was the 2005-2006 Bruins season (the last in the Mike O'Connell era, THANK GOD). I guess it's great for him that he's now found refuge in Tampa Bay. He's just like Barry Melrose, only he didn't get fired and nobody cares.

It's a damn shame David Koci jumped ship from the Lightning so early this season; were he still on the team, I'd have an excuse to post this:



Frivolous wager of the night: At this point in the season, I'm surprised Ryan Malone hasn't literally killed himself on ice while waiting for the puck to drop. Could tonight be the night? Ooh, it's all so exciting! I give it 10:1 odds.

Serious prediction of the night: Oh I don't know. MICHAEL RYDER HAT TRICK! Seriously though, Bruins win 5-1.

No comments: