Thursday, December 18, 2008

Boston Sports Tonight: Thank F--king God There's Hockey Again!

Bruins v. Maple Leafs, 7:00 pm.


As spectacularly schadenfreudelicious as it's been watching Montreal get their asses handed to them by the Southeast Division on a nightly basis (hey, at least Kovalev remembered how to "score goals" again, guys!), it's a great relief to see the Black and Gold take the ice again after a 4-day hiatus. Tonight's foe is the 12-12-6 Leafs, which is noteworthy only in that they're the only divisional match-up for the B's this month. Toronto currently has one of the league's worst defenses -- allowing an average of 3.23 goals against per game -- and has won just 3 games on the road so far this season. Not that I'm counting my chickens or anything. I'll leave the counting to Phil.

Human Interest Story Guaranteed to Make You Feel Better About Your Own Pathetic Life of the Night: Ups to my old pal Grimey for this absurdly fantastic gem. Comes with bonus video goodness!

Serious prediction of the night: The 3rd-ranked power play in the league against the 28th-ranked penalty kill? I don't think I need to tell you what to expect tonight.

3 comments:

Pepster said...

The town where that occurred is a lovely little ville where I get to spend Christmas (my Mom lives there). Port St. Lousy, I mean, Lucie, Florida.

That story probably wasn't even the most interesting domestic abuse story in the town.

Cornelius Hardenbergh said...

The Bruins used to have the 30th PK in the league at the beginning of the season. The Maple Leafs have been on a tear the last three games, and have killed off 24 out of 26 in the last eight games.

Vesa Toskala is actually playing well right now, so who knows what'll happen. Heck, San Jose lost to the BlueJackets last night.

stanley cup of chowder said...

The Blogger Formerly Known as FutureMrsRickAnkiel: How long have you been waiting for an excuse to label a blog with the "Can I smell yo' dick?" tag?