Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Breakfast with the Hysterics



No Boston sports last night, and no Boston sports tonight. Woo hoo! Once again we were forced to suffer through a bawful Monday Night Football game, complete with two sub-par teams, crappy defense, and terrible announcing. But everything was easy baby, leave it up to Brees-y baby - the Saints took care of business, waxing the Packers 51-29, as the defenses should have just stayed on the team bus. Anyone that says WHAT DA PACKAS NEED IS BRETT FAVRE deserves to choke on a wedge of gritty, gun-slinging cheese. He's a riverboat gambler, though!

Elsewhere in the sports world, the big Clippers/Knicks trade involving Zach Randolph is being held up by the health issues of former University of Rhode Island standout Cuttino Mobley. Randolph and Mardy Collins were set to go coast-to-coast from the Knicks in exchange for Mobley and fellow Clipper Tim Thomas. Apparently a heart condition is holding Cat back from being traded and it's turning into a bit of an issue. An issue in the NBA involving the Knicks? No way!

Speaking of the heart, I just picked up the new Kanye West album, 808s & Heartache. For those who haven't heard much about it, you may be surprised to hear that he does not rap at all on the album - he sings. I have given it a listen about three or so times and I like what I hear, even if it is a touch weird to hear West belting out some high notes. Critics and music experts say this album could change music forever, it's that unique and influential. I'm not ready to go that far yet, but it brings me to my question for the masses. I figure with this lull in Boston sports, we could maybe debate some music. What, in your opinion, is the most influential album of all time? Might as well just lock in my vote now, Simpsons style!

4 comments:

Hazel Maes Landing Strip said...

If I voted for Dr. Dre- The Chronic, would anyone speak to me ever again?

GHABB,Y~! said...

Top 5 influential albums ever (at least regarding the shit I listen to)

1) Black Sabbath, Paranoid
2) Led Zeppelin, IV
3) Metallica, Ride the Lightning
4) Slayer, Reign in Blood
5) Anal Cunt, Picnic of Love

Rocco said...

Hmm, influential? Best ever I could do. Influential, lets see...I'm going to have to go with Pearl Jam Ten. Nirvanna may get all the credit, but Pearl Jam was the real deal, and musically 10x better.

Close behind are Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon, Jimi Hendrix Are You Experienced?, and Guns 'N Roses Appetite for Destruction.

Rocco said...

I'm gonna add in Miles Davis Kind of Blue.