Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Breakfast with the Hysterics



Morning folks.

Some happenings in last nights action. Bruins beat the Maple Leafs (our fantastic hockey editor FutureMrsRickAnkiel will be handling this in the near future), BC Basketball beat Loyola MD (I know, I'm the only one who cares), and the Browns beat the Bills in one of the worst played football games ever played. No seriously, this game had everything in it to jack the level of suck up to a painful "11". Trent Edwards threw 4 interceptions (3 in the 1st quarter), Braylon Edwards continues to cement his reputation as one of the most over rated WR's in football with drops all over the place, Brady Quinn went 14-36, and to top it off a missed FG to end the game. If two teams deserved to earn a loss, it was the Browns and the Bills. After watching the first quarter, I said eff it and went to bed, because even though I am a BC Eagles fan there is only so much crappy football I can take. But don't take it from me, Jim Kelly's face says it all: (Credit to KSK for the screen shot.)


Did I hear the weather forecast correctly? Is it going to really snow in Boston this week? Its only the 3rd week of November! I remember the days of high school and college, where I dreamed of snow days, they were possibly the best days of my adolescent life. When they canceled school, I could sit home in my pajamas and play Joe Montana '95 on my Sega Genesis for 13 hours straight, or stay in bed and watch reruns of the Cosby Show all day. Life was pretty sweet, plus my dad had a snow blower so I didn't have to shovel either, well other then the stairs and even then he said I did a shitty job. Now as an adult for the most part I abhor snow, a snowy work day is up there with going to the dentist and filing my taxes. I love to ski, and if I don't have to go anywhere it doesn't bother me. But I hate digging my car out of three feet of snow because the god damn plow buries me, I hate slipping on ice, getting caught in my shitty sedan in a snow storm. Last year I was trapped in a snow storm after work and it took me 2 hours to get home when my commute usually takes 15 minutes. Lets just say I was a combination of scared to death that my car was going to veer off a bridge, and on the verge of going postal because traffic was not moving at all. Question for the masses: You a big fan of the snow? (and no I am not referring to cocaine)

8 comments:

futuremrsrickankiel said...

YES I LOVE SNOW. I have big super-warm white snow boots that come all the way up to my knees, one of those giant puffy North Face jackets, and oodles of cute scarves and gloves. Having an excuse to get all bundled up and then go play outside in the snow is the best thing EVER. Whee!

GHABB,Y~! said...

I love Snow. I bought his album "12 Inches of Snow," and "Informer" is my favorite song by a white Canadian rapper ever.

A licky boom boom down.

Rocco said...

@FMRA: I hope you're joking.

Hell yes. Love snow. Big skier. Lived in Lake Placid one winter. Got my UB ski club pass and ready to go. 28" of fresh powder in EVL! Just got my new Jeep, got my Yakima rack on, I'm ready!

God, what an awful game last night.

Oh, and when I was a freshman at Bucknell, we got a huge snowstorm fall semester and had the single largest snowball fight I've ever seen in the freshman quad. They called in Public Safety for reason.

And we're playing hockey Thanksgiving morning outside on the Winter Classic Rink. Best idea ever.

The A-Train said...

I was at that game.

Things that sucked:

-The mob scene to get inside
-Having to deal with some asshole sitting/standing in my brothers seat (our section is just benches)
-Getting into our seats in time to watch trent throw his second pick
-HOW COULD YOU FUCKING MISS!?
-The shit-show of trying to get out of the parking lot
-Seriously, HOW COUL YOU FUCKING MISS!?
-Getting home at 3am

Things that were awesome:
-Tailgating
-Jailbait cheerleaders in their uniforms doing gymnastics for donations
-McKelvin's kick return

stanley cup of chowder said...

"12 Inches of Snow" is my favorite album name of all time. I love the video of him in jail in his coke bottle glasses and bedazzled denim shirts. "The Snowman" was truly a pioneer of the caucasian rap scene.

"So they put me in the back the car at the station
From that point on I reach my destination
Well the destination reached in down-a East detention
Where they whip down me pants look up me bottom"

Dubs said...

I think you hit it on the head HMLS. As a kid i effing loved snow. It always equaled something fun; sledding, snow ball fights, etc.

Now it just equals work and pain and cold. Meh.

Rocco said...

Lame. It still means fun.

Anonymous said...

Snow was good before I had to commute in it. I still think it is fine on Saturday afternoon, and Sunday. Have that shit off the road during M-F please!
I have a one hour one way commute every day; on "snow events" it has upped to 2hours one way and last year, one night the epic 3 hour event. That finished with my passenger side wiper blade icing over, then kerplump, bump and gone off the car into the side of the road. YEE HAW!
So I have friends that love it. I like it okay...but please, not on commute!
Boatdrinks