Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Breakfast with the Hysterics



Well, it was a rather dull night in the world of sports last night, wasn't it? First of all, two crap-tacular teams squared off in Monday Night Football, and as expected, the least worst team won. If you had Kurt Warner in any of your fantasy leagues, my guess is you won too. He had 3 TD passes, two of them to Anquan Boldin, he of the newly re-alligned jaw. Vernon Davis also caught a TD pass, and he gets a hearty "fuck you" from me for completely fucking over 90% of my fantasy teams for the past three years. On the plus side, his performance likely kept Mike Singletary's pants on, so I guess it's not all bad.

Elsewhere, college basketball opened last night!! I'm not actually as excited as you'd think, there were only two games, and likely the only team you've even heard of out of the four that played was Duke. And boy did they play, beating the ever-loving piss out of a team called...something like the Sad Sluts? Close? Oh, sorry, Blue Hose. Mea culpa.

EDIT: So apparently the Celtics played last night. I'd love to rattle off excuses about how I felt like absolute death last night and crawled into bed without even so much as turning on my TV, or that the Celtics never play on Mondays, but I should have known this. Thanks to ballamiguel's heads up in the comments. At least someone knows what's going on.

Lastly, today is Veterans Day. Both a National holiday and a state holiday in all 50 states, it mainly leaves people like me wondering why the hell I have to work today. In all seriousness, take the time today to call your grandfather or grandmother or uncle or father or scoutmaster or whatever other veterans you know and say thanks. Then ask him or her why you didn't get the damn day off.

1 comment:

ballamiguel said...

No mention of the Celtics being down as many as 16, and trailing 3 straight quarters only to flex their muscles in the 4th, effectively wiping out (a.k.a. make extinct, ha, because they're dinosaurs, get it?) the Raptors?

Or at least of Calderon responding like a little bitch to Garnett's intensity? Pierce's 36 points to push The Green to 7-1? No dice?