Friday, October 10, 2008

Your Championship Series Prediction Round-Up



A look at your Championship Series picks from around the interweb:

Dodgers/Phillies



Jay Jaffe, Baseball Prospectus: Dodgers in 6.
Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports: Dodgers in 7.
Gordon Edes, Yahoo! Sports: Dodgers in 7.
Tony Massarotti, Boston Globe: Dodgers in 6.
Amalie Benjamin, Boston Globe: Dodgers in 5.
Rob Neyer, ESPN: Phillies in 7.

Smarty Barrett: Seems most everyone is picking the Dodgers, but I just don't see it. They could barely manage a .500 record in the worst division in baseball. As much as I would love to see the Dodgers at Fenway in the World Series so the Sox could kick a certain player right in his Mannywood, I'm taking the Phillies in 6. Stop! Hammels-Time!

HazelMaesLandingstrip: Dodgers in 4. Wait, what happened? Oh, ok shit. Dodgers in 6.

Red Sox/Rays




Christina Kahrl, Baseball Prospectus: Rays in 6.
Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports: Rays in 6.
Gordon Edes, Yahoo! Sports: Red Sox in 7.
Tony Massarotti, Boston Globe: Rays in 6.
Amalie Benjamin, Boston Globe: Red Sox in 7.
Rob Neyer, ESPN: Rays in 6.

Smarty Barrett: I have a feeling whatever happens in this series, we're going to remember it for a long time. The more I break this down, the more I cannot for the life of me decide who I think will win. So homerism is going to take over here, Red Sox in 7.

HazelMaesLandingstrip: Well I picked the Angels in the last series, so clearly I am an idiot. Maybe just for the sake of picking losers I will go with the Rays in 6.



What do the masses think?

3 comments:

Dubs said...

Cubs in four. No doubt.

Hazel Maes Landing Strip said...

OUR 500th POST WOOOOHOOO

jennycupcakes said...

speaking of the cubs what would you do as president...