So if you're like me (geeky, awkward,
Instead, I will give you hope for tonight, and maybe some fun to have in the process. Since we're all exhausted and another long night of baseball in staring us in the face, I have a fun little way to pass the time right through to the last out this evening: The Official Mass Hysteria Game 4 Drinking Game
Before I begin with the rules, a little background on what spawned this sleep-deprived idea. As HzMLS and I settled in to watch the Patriots game yesterday, we began to
pound beers like there was gold at the bottom enjoy a few adult bevarages. By the start of the Sox game, we were in good shape, and it started. Drink every time they say the word "oblique"! Drink when they show highlights from 04 or 07! Drink when they mention K-Rod's 2008 save total!
This was a very poorly constructed game, considering it was on-the-fly and that the last rule was "Drinkkk evrn time Ericklk Ayyybr isss a supid shitfuck fuckerr!!" *pounds beer* So now I will present some more official rules, and I encourage everyone to participate tonight. (Note: some may want to use coffee or Red Bull instead of beer, based on what kind of shape you're in from last night)
* Drink every time Caray says "defending champions."
* Drink when Buck Martinez mis-pronounces something.
* Drink every time they replay Erick Aybar's hit from last night.
* Drink when you see the "steal meter" showing the distance of a player's lead.
* Drink when the K Zone shows a pitch was a ball.
**BONUS: Drink twice if that pitch was called a strike.**
* Drink when they show Mike Lowell injuring his hip in Tampa.
* Drink when they mention Jon Lester had cancer.
* Drink when they mention John Lackey has Down Syndrome.
* Drink when they show Craig Sager.
**BONUS: Drink twice if his suit is: teal, fuschia, peach, sky blue, magenta, or burnt sienna.**
* Finish your beer if Jason Varitek gets a hit.
* Drink if the announcers call the Angels "agressive."
* Drink if they show a Red Sox fan with their fingers crossed, praying, chanting, or covering their eyes.
* Pour your beer over your roommate's head
if when the Red Sox elimiate the Angels.