Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween Mass Hysteria




Last night was pretty slow in Boston sports with the only real event being the Bruins losing to Calgary (which resulted in a very angry text from FutureMrs). But today is Halloween, the one chance during the year for you to put on costumes and drink to your hearts content. I have my Matt Ryan costume all set, with my very prim hair, tailored suit and loafers and gee golly smile. There is a lot going on this weekend so be ready for a busy day at Mass Hysteria: the Pats will be facing off with the neutered Colts, the Celtics will be hosting Derrick Rose and the Bulls, and I'm sure the Bruins are playing a game at some point as well. And of course keep your eyes open for our fantasy football preview!


As a special treat for all of you boils and ghouls, I would like to introduce the MH Official Halloween Mascot. He is a white West Coast Rapper named GT. When I was a college radio DJ back in 2002, GT sent me a tape called "It's Halloween", he expressed that its goal was to become the official anthem of Halloween. I don't even know where to begin with this song, the beat sounds like it was made on a CASIO keyboard, my grandmother could write better rhymes, and his metaphors are well HILARIOUS. If you can't hear the song because you are work here is the chorus, but otherwise I encourage you to watch it:

"It's Halloween so, get down and eat my candy
You're such a bitch...bitch
But a nice looking witch...witch"



The song was so over the top bad that SmartyBarrett (who was my on air side kick) and I played it ALL the time. We made copies of it and sent it to friends, we played it at parties, hell we memorized the entire song. The great thing about GT was he was way too naive, he called into our radio show, where we would mock him openly.and He must have some kind of mental deficiency because he never caught on. We prank called him at home, got him to send us what must have been hundreds of copies of his CD and posters. He even fell in love with one of our friends, a girl he never met. The joke just never got old. GT put together a whole CD worth of his musical gems including "Get Down to Business Bitch" "Bounce Your Hoodies" "Dance Nasty" and the even better "Dance Nasty Remix". He may never make it big, but to my group of friends GT has become what he always strove to be: a symbol of Halloween.

5 comments:

stanley cup of chowder said...

Wow, that is fantastic. I had a college radio show when I was a freshman for about 2 months, until we get thrown off the air because all our guests would drink in the studio and we pretty much had no regard for FCC regulations. Anyways, we used to have to play PSAs like twice an hour. There was a giant stack of CDs from the Ad Council in the studio to choose from, but our favorite was always Mark McGwire "hitting a home run against bed-wetting". I wish I was kidding, but you can't make this shit up.

futuremrsrickankiel said...

Phuck Phaneuf!

Dubs said...

the Celtics will be hosting Derrick Rose and the Bulls

Eat a bag of Rose flavored dicks. Thanks.

stanley cup of chowder said...

Does anyone else find it strange that GT looks like that guy Rocco who always posts comments on here?

Rocco said...

Come on, I look nothing like that dude. That was just wrong chowder.