Tuesday, September 23, 2008

*Knock Knock Knock*

/pushes door open a crack, pokes head in...


Ahem. Where to begin? After I got an email from the Hysterics yesterday asking me to join on as an editor here, I'll admit I wept openly was a bit flattered. Who knew that my silly little fantasy football preview would actually act as a semi-audition piece? In any event, I've got to say I'm very excited about spreading my geeky wings here and providing another voice in the melee that is Boston sports.

For those who don't know, I am Smarty Barrett, I'm one of the editors of The Ejected Fan and a frequent commenter here on MH. You're probably going to find me writing a lot about baseball, football, college basketball, and various geeky things. Don't expect much else - I don't know much about hockey, dead wrestlers, or pleasing a woman college football. So without this getting any more awkward than it already is, let's get down to business.

Was it just me that had a really good feeling going into last night's game? Sox back at home, Beckett on the hill, champagne on ice... It seemed like just a formality as I settled in to watch the likes of Bay, Youk, and Petey ready to tee off on former President Zach Jackson. But it was not to be. Beckett made Daisuke look like Controlly McStrikezone as he was walking guys and hitting guys (especially hitting guys...fuckin' a), handing the Tribe a 4-1 lead when they weren't hitting the ball particularly hard, less a few Ben Francisco doubles. As for the offense...well..."frustrating as fuck" is a good phrase, right? They had their chances, but with a dozen left on base and some tough luck (thanks, Gerry Davis), the Sox couldn't manage to push the tying run across. Also, memo to Jed Lowrie: Julio Lugo could've done that. With that loss and Cliff Lee going tonight for the Native Americans, looks like the Sox are taking the Wild Card. Good news (for me) is that I'm going to the game tomorrow night, so maybe I can see them clinch this thing.

And if anyone needs any help getting over last night's loss, may I suggest two things?

Beer and swearing:

7 comments:

Hazel Maes Landing Strip said...

Sh!tshow, you're not wanted here anymore. Get out.

A Pimp Named DaveR said...

I STILL HATE YOUR ASS FACE.

But, you know, welcome and shit.

SmartyBarrett said...

Mmmmm, I can't wait to eat that monkey!

Sh!tShow said...

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

Rocco said...

Actually though I do enjoy your previews Smarty. Good talk.

Hazel Maes Landing Strip said...

Shit, I thought Peter Tork was going to be our new editor.

Starting Aces said...

Congrats

P.S. RESPEK MY TEAM