Thursday, September 25, 2008

Breakfast With the Hysterics!

Ok. I have no idea how I can in any way lead into this or make it sports-relevant, so I'm just going to share this with you:


That's from this lovely article on Holy Taco, which has a whole mess of photos from this utter shithole of an abomination of an apartment. Let's get a little closer, shall we?


YE GODS. Seriously, these pictures put me off junk food and cigarettes for like 5 whole minutes. Then I smoked and had a Diet Coke, and everything was fine. Anyway, if you're bored at work, I advise you to go check out the rest of the photos. They've got this mesmerizing, can't-look-away quality to them... like when you're watching someone really shitfaced make an idiot of themselves at a bar. I'd say the odds that this is the apartment Miguel Cabrera and Jim Leyland share during the Tigers' season are pretty good.

Another day, another win over the Indians, am I right? It'll be a dull couple of days in baseball as we rest our starters and hear the inevitable "yes it's exciting to be in the playoffs no we're just going to take it one game at a time" speeches repeated ad nauseum in preparation for SOXTOBER ZOMG!!1! As long as we're getting our knickers all moist over the approach of the playoffs, here's this to assist you in recalling the glory of last season. I was just a wee blogger with a pink-on-pink template and like 2 commenters back then. I've come so far! I have like 4 commenters now!

I have no idea why I woke up with this song in my head. The good news? Now you'll have it stuck in your head too.

7 comments:

Rocco said...

I didn't know Miguel Cabrera and Jim Leyland lived in Houston during the season. Their commute must suck.

The A-Train said...

that link for a tribute to the french maid costume screams 'click me if you want to get fired'

...

Kinda tempting, ya know?

Rocco said...

@the a-train: Absolutely. Noticed that yesterday when I read this. Forgot to check it out at home last night. Maybe on lunch...

futuremrsrickankiel said...

How did you see it yesterday?! I just put this up this morning...

The A-Train said...

The holy taco article was posted tuesday, so it's entirely possible that someone (rocco, per chance?) read it before you. Yes, the thought of an internet beyond MH is a scary thought, but I'm sure with enough medication (read: wild turkey) and love (read: lovin') you'll be able to cope with it.

futuremrsrickankiel said...

Y... y... you guys read... OTHER WEBSITES?!

[cries]

The A-Train said...

[slides double of wild turkey towards FMRA]