Monday, September 22, 2008

Breakfast with the Hysterics



After a weekend that included the Red Sox, BC Eagles, Ryder Cup and the ummm Patriots its time to recap.

* Ok let's start off with the positives: the Red Sox beat the Blue Jays 2 out of 3 at the Skydome. If the Sox wanted to keep pace with the Rays they were going to need to win these games, mission accomplished. Soon to be overpaid AJ Burnett looked like he had the Sox on the ropes, but Sean Casey gave the Sox the lead and a sac fly by Jason Varitek. Delcarmen, Okajima and Papelbot closed down the game with some more expletive filled screaming:


On Saturday it would be the Sox fans who would be screaming, Lester pitched like shit, the hitters couldn't touch Doc Halladay and well it was bad. Sox left runners in scoring position in basically every inning. Without Drew and Lowell in the lineup, this offense is missing that something. What's it called? Oh yeah POWER. JD Drew I know you are hurt, but get over your fucking stiff back and play, Lowell is going to play with a broken hip. Don't be a pussy.

Sunday, Dice-K looked ready for the postseason pitching 7 innings of masterful ball. Large Father hit two home runs, and Jacoby Ellsbury extended his hit streak to 12 games. I was too busy screaming at the Patriots game to watch most of this so I will skip it. But at least we know we will be going to playoffs again! 1.5 games behind the Rays for the East, we can still get it.

BC Eagles vs. UCF Knights

As my father said "I have never seen a team play so shitty in a blow out". That pretty much summed it up. Chris Crane played like absolute balls the first half I believe he had 4 total yards, while missing three sets while suffering from "Ass on the Bench" Syndrome. Dominique Davis got his first opportunity (the only wager I got right). Crane returned a new (well sort of) QB in the second half lighting up the UCF porous defense for 3 TD's. (Full BC game review coming up later)

Patriots vs the Dolphins


Jesus Christ this game was painful to watch. Ronnie Brown looked like LT running the ball at will against the Pats D who completely forgot to tackle. That fucking shotgun offense, did the same play twice and it looked like Brown wasn't touched on either play. Matt Cassel looked like the Matt Cassel I was worried about all preseason. Jerry JOEYPorter spent most of the game in the backfield destroying Cassel, and Randy Moss looked VERY frustrated out there. Again, I will be writing this up more later. But please if you want to vent here please do.

The Ryder Cup

The US won. I don't like watching golf.

8 comments:

Pepster said...

I think Joey Porter also spent a lot of time in the Patriots backfield, in addition to his cousin Jerry.

As a non-interested observer in the Pats/Dolphis game, I cannot tell you how annoying all the Dolphins fans were at the bar. Just insufferable.

Hazel Maes Landing Strip said...

Fixed, the baseline depression in my brain definitely screwed this post up.

Rocco said...

Bills 3-0 and leading the East? Something's not right.

SmartyBarrett said...

Can I also assist with a solid recap of the MH fantasy league?

1. Go back and read my preview.

2. Take the opposite of everything I said.

Yeah, that's what happened.

futuremrsrickankiel said...

Riding the C line with all the drunk brotard UCF fans on Saturday was absolutely priceless. Guess they just couldn't resist the allure of a gal in cowboy boots...

Pepster said...

My sister was supposed to actually fly up to that game on Saturday with a couple of her friends (she is a UCF alumnae. It sounds like you ran into her friends. Was one of the brotards named Dan?

The A-Train said...

Guess they just couldn't resist the allure of a gal in cowboy boots...

They probably just thought you were Jen Sterger.

A Pimp Named DaveR said...

@Smartybarrett

"boo hoo hoo my team is bad there's no way I can win boo hoo hoo."

I HATE YOU AND YOUR ASS FACE!!!!!!