Friday, August 22, 2008
at 10:39 AM Posted by futuremrsrickankiel
Big -- nay, HUMONGOUS -- ups to Mass Hysteria reader and fantasy football league member James, who offers up some notes from our drafting shenanigans last night.
As Breakfast with the Hysterics pointed out this morning, the Mass Hysteria Fantasy Football draft took place last night. Because we were all too lazy or cheap (in my case) to figure out how to draft in person, we just did it online. To our respective roommates and friends we looked like a bunch of alcoholics drinking by ourselves, again, at least I did, but I digress.
The draft was full of your typical homer picks (Bryant Johnson in the tenth round, Jabar Gaffney at all, etc.), sexual innuendo mostly directed towards Future Mrs. Rick Ankiel, and general tomfoolery. And by tomfoolery I mean dick and fart jokes. Rather than bore you with the details here are some highlights....
- Many of us were blown away by the fact that Yahoo Sports had some huge countdown that made us think we had either seized or the apocalypse occured....
- Grimey (LessThanJakeDelhomme) discussed his hatred for the Chex Mix ad and wanted it dead....which oddly enough occurred.
- Discussion of Future Mrs. Rick Ankiel's weekend plans which per usual will involve her drinking a fifth of whiskey and passing out with her panties on her head...
- Surprisingly no blatant homerism
- Tie for biggest reach of the draft: San Diego in the 3rd Round or McFadden in the 2nd round.
Actually, that's about it, as far as drafts go it was rather uneventful... here's hoping there's some good trash talking.
God, we sound so boring from an outside perspective. Oh, and Jabar Gaffney is going to have a huge year because the Pats no longer have Donte Stallworth, sooo you can just go ahead and feel stupid at the end of the season. Other draft participants: please share your insight in the comments!