This is your last Olympic Breakfast treat, her name is Alona Bondarenko of the Ukraine. She plays tennis
* The Sox came back from an early 2 run deficit to beat the Canadian Team from Toronto 6-5. This game had disaster written all over: Mothra was getting rocked, Ellsbury slammed face first into a wall losing a contact, and Delcarmen was brought into a pressure situation. But somehow the Sox won it. Jed Lowrie was the unlikely hero of this one, hitting his 2nd career home run against Brandon League. Dice-K decided to actually throw strikes, only walking batter, and striking out 8. Thank Christ we got out of Toronto with two wins. The
SECOND OLYMPIAN PICTURE!
Fatima Moreira de Melo, Field Hockey player from Hungary
* The Playoff Hunt: Tampa Bay lost against the White Sox. Going into the 8th inning they had the lead but Paul Konerko scored the tying run when the catcher dropped what should have been an easy out. New York won against the Orioles to complete the sweep of the reeling Orioles. Daniel Cabrera sucked a big fat one, and Robbie Cano went deep to score the go ahead run. The Twins lost against the Angels as Jesse Crain did his best impression of Manny Delcarmen letting up 3 runs in the 8th. K Rod saved his 50th game of the, big fucking deal
* AL EAST Race- 4.5 Games Back of TB
* Wild Card Race- 1 Game Ahead of Minn, 5 Ahead of NYY
* The Olympics are over, finally. No more non stop coverage of badminton, diving and other marginal sports I could give a flying fuck about. I will miss the 2 minutes of actually competition sandwiched in between stupid hype/backstories and 15 minutes of fucking commercials. Honestly I watched about two hours of the Olympics, most of it Michael Phelps, and the rest was so boring I couldn't tell you what it was. I heard somewhere the other day the typical person who watches the Olympics is a 48 year old white woman. Meaning that most people who are reading this blog are about half the age, and probably not a chick. The Olympics were probably attracting more people like this:
Yes Peg Bundy falls into the main demographic watching the Olympics. Think about that.