Sunday, July 13, 2008

Welcome back, Jed Lowrie!


So in the off-chance that you missed a certain bright young face at shortstop in tonight's drubbing of Baltimore, let me just go ahead and clarify for you: JED LOWRIE IS BACK IN THE SOX DUGOUT. Wheee! Lowrie was summoned today after Julio Lugo was placed on the 15-day DL when he injured himself legging out some kind of run on Friday. Boo fucking hoo.

This is how many home runs I've hit ALL FUCKING YEAR!

I'm so excited to see Lowrie back in a Sox uniform I could almost forget about the monster sunburn I have on my nose, shoulders, and thighs from spending all afternoon kayaking. Let's remind ourselves of his stats: in 42 at-bats over 17 games, Lowrie had 13 hits and 7 RBIs with 1 homer. That's a .310 batting average coupled with a .340 OPB and a tasty .816 OPS (park-adjusted OPS+ of 112 baby WOO!).

Lowrie started the game at short, but moved to third later when Alex Cora came in for Mike LOL; he took 2 walks and struck out once over 4 at bats. Not quite as hitty as you'd like to see, but I'm just so thrilled he's back on the roster that I couldn't care less. Meanwhile, Kevin Cash had a passed ball and struck out 3 times.

Also, please note that the MLB.com article on this game prominently features the phrase, "Red Sox ride Youkilis express" in the headline. I MEAN. That's just... unnecessarily graphic.

3 comments:

A Pimp Named DaveR said...

I think you've misinterpreted Julio's message there. He's indicating either:

(a) How many more home runs CAAAASSSSHHH has than Lowrie, or

(b) How many roster spaces Craig Hansen is wasting.

Hazel Maes Landing Strip said...

Lowrie looks like Johnny Depp's retarded brother in What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

futuremrsrickankiel said...

You mean INTERNATIONAL HEARTTHROB LEONARDO DI CAPRIO?! Dipshit.