Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A traitorous prediction



Look, you can give me all the shit you want about this, but I am going to be honest about this, I think the Pistons are going to beat the Celtics and win this series in 6. Call it a gut feeling, maybe I am just being honest about it. The Celtics are a great team, KG plays with more heart than anyone in the league, and Paul Pierce has one of the best shots in the game. But top to bottom I think this Pistons team is better suited to win this series. Go ahead call me Benedict Arnold, Johnny Damon, or Big Pussy (Sopranos reference), but I hope to god I am wrong.

Reason 1: Ray Allen.

Ray Ray is a gigantic liability going into this series, he isn't shooting his defense is poor, and he looks deflated on the court. In the three games against the Pistons this season Ray has averaged 12 points, mind you this was before he got into his own head and completely fucked his own game up. Jesus Shuttlesworth legs and ankles seem completely shot, like the shocks on my piece of shit Focus. He is getting nothing under his shots, and is leaving a huge hole in our 5.

Reason 2: Chauncey Billups/Rajon Rondo Matchup

Rondo at home has had an excellent post season matching up against Delonte West and Mike Bibby, but neither of them are in the same league physically as Billups. The Pistons offense will exploit this matchup, and look for Billups to have a big series against the C's, injury or not.

Reason 3: The Celtic's Jekyll and Hyde Syndrome

I am not going to beat a dead horse here, and go over this again. Sick at home, horseshit on the road. But if the Celtic's play like shit on the road and lose all of their games at the palace, I guarantee the C's will drop one at the Garden. Call me a downer, a doubter, a fraud, whatever, just being realistic here, the Pistons are too good of a team to lose all of their games on the road. The Celtics will HAVE TO beat the Pistons at the Palace to take this series.

Reason 4: The Sudden Disapperance of Sh!tshow

This is a factor that most of the media has not caught on to, but undoubtedly has made adversity tougher on the C's. Show is a major factor to the success of the Celtics, and his spirit has driven the C's in times of doubt. He is gone now, and his absence leaves a huge hole that may be very difficult to fill.



BRING BACK SHITSHOW!

No comments: