Thursday, May 8, 2008

This ain't Albuquerque...

As we don our Paul Pierce jerseys and whet our witty sports-related prose-writing abilities in anticipation of Game 2 against Cleveland tonight, allow me to share with you (only you! Because you're my favorite!) this absolutely stellar video of Delonte West, currently of the Cavs and formerly, memorably, of the Celts. DWest was always loved around these parts for his sense of humor and his drawling "wiyah hangah" speak; he's a funny cat. I'd say I was still glad to see him go, since his departure was what brought us Ray Allen and my beloved Big Baby, but the fact that Ray opted to pretty much not show up for Game 1 is making me bitter.

Video below. My favorite part is definitely the Bugs Bunny bit at the end. Yeah, it would be pretty sweet to ditch the Mass Pike and just go tunneling around under the ground, then pop up wherever I wanted. I'm with you, Delonte... too bad you're a Yankees fan. Thanks for the pull, Grimey!

(Side note: I tried three freaking times to spell Albuquerque on my own and still wound up looking it up. WHAT A STUPID NAME.)


2 comments:

A Pimp Named DaveR said...

O I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO SPELL ALBAKERKEY DURING NATIONAL TV

futuremrsrickankiel said...

Yeah, for those of you who missed out on that comment thread, I recommend it... heh.