Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hot off the press!

I think we can all agree that last night's Game 1 of the Celtics-Cavaliers series was just awful. It felt like 48 straight minutes of yelling "WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THAT SHOT? WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THAT SHOT? HOW DID YOU MISS THAT SHOT? WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THAT SHOT?" I sounded like a goddamn broken record, and I think my TV might now suffer from chronically low self-esteem. I've got a bet with a friend riding on this series, so perhaps the vengeful lord is smiting me for my sinful, gambling ways by making sure that I will not enjoy a single minute of this series. MERCIFUL SAVIOR, I REPENT!

I did, however, enjoy seeing His Royal Jamesiness miff that clunker of a layup with 8.5 seconds left on the clock. My high school basketball coach would have had us running suicides for an extra half-hour in our next practice if we'd made a habit of missing shots like that. Hey, Cleveland: WITNESS THIS!

Fortunately for us, Mass Hysteria friend (and lover?) StartingAces has graciously provided us with hilarity in the form of humorously-captioned pictures to get rid of that foul taste in your mouth (getting rid of those inappropriate text messages you sent to your attractive coworker, sadly, is left up to you). Enjoy!


"I told you, I didn't order any pizza! Must have been those damn Johnson boys from down the street. Rascals!" [Ed. note: "Johnson"... heh.]


Either that, or he's confused about the spelling of YMCA.


He was missing all kinds of buckets last night. ZING!


That, my dear, is the flavor of FAILURE. If this were a Ben and Jerry's, they'd call it "Too Choco-LITTLE, Too Choco-LATE."


Oh, and if you still feel like you've got a Bad Basketball Hangover, try this. Hee!

7 comments:

A Pimp Named DaveR said...

IM IN UR PLAYOFS

AN O DO I SUK

Somewhere, Bob Cousy is rolling over in his grave over that stinker.


(what? still alive? really?)

Pepster said...

That game was an absolute abomination. With some of the "defensive-minded" players on the court that both teams field, I don't expect much more aesthetically pleasing play in the next few games, other than any jumper by Ray Allen.

futuremrsrickankiel said...

O I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO GOKE DURING NATIONAL TV

futuremrsrickankiel said...

Um.

What?

Did anyone else see this?

A Pimp Named DaveR said...

Is that you, Dugout's version of Jim Thome?

futuremrsrickankiel said...

HEY GUYS THIS IS FU

FUTUREMRSRICKANKIEL

Starting Aces said...

BAP BAP BAP