Friday, May 23, 2008

Boston Sports Tonight!

Red Sox v. A’s, 10:05 pm. Late game tonight… good thing it’s not a school night! The A’s will send Rich Harden (2-0, 2.91) and his adorable crooked smile blistering fastball to the mound against Timmy Wakefield (3-2, 4.33) and his lumbering knuckleball. How compelling! It’s like a wacky sitcom. The A’s are still a couple games north of .500, but are coming off some rough series losses to the Rays, Braves, and Indians (due primarily to a seeming resolution on the part of the A’s not to give their starting pitchers any run support. Who do they think they are, the 2007 Twins?). They’re still second in their division, but come on, dude, it’s the freaking AL West. Wakefield is 5-3 with a 5.47 ERA at McAfee Coliseum in his career. Call me a pessimist, but I have a feeling the A’s are going to put together some decent run support for little Dickie tonight. Hopefully the Sox can counter.

The Sox are facing Harden, Justin Duchscherer, and Joe Blanton in this series and are countering with Wakefield, Josh Beckett, and Jon Lester. Should be an interesting weekend.

Frivolous prop bet of the night: Ah crap. Where do I go with this? Do I make a “Frank Thomas Is Old” joke? Do I make the obvious “Rich Harden Will Injure Himself” crack? Nah, I think I’ll exact revenge for yesterday and predict that Kevin Ca$h will find a way to strike out 5 times in 4 at-bats. SKANKS.

Serious prediction of the night: David Ortiz’s career average against Harden is .625 over 8 at-bats, including 2 home runs. I bet Papi knocks Dickie around for a bunch of RBIs and extra base hits. Hell, maybe even a home run. Will he call the placement of his home run in advance and thereby piss off the Yankees even more? WATCH AND FIND OUT!



Happy long weekend, everyone! Hopefully one or more of us will be around at some point, so feel free to stop by. Virtually, that is. Please don't actually show up at my apartment. Unless you have cake and beer.

5 comments:

A Pimp Named DaveR said...

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Pimp Named DaveR said...

Cash
Cash
Cash
Cash
Cash
CaSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

$$$$$$$$$$

futuremrsrickankiel said...

You bore me.

/throws rag

futuremrsrickankiel said...

Um. I just watched the replay of Lester's no-hitter (excuse me, Lestah's no-hittahhhhhhh) and started crying on the final out. What the motherfuck is my problem?

futuremrsrickankiel said...

Tim Fucking Wakefield. 7 earned runs over 3 innings, including 2 3-run homers. Meanwhile, Rich Harden has retired the side for 3 innings in a row, accumulating 5 Ks in the process.

Oh, and Fausto Carmona let up 6 runs in 2 innings for a whopping 27.00 ERA on the night for my fantasy team.

I fucking hate baseball.