- Necklaces Clay Buchholz wears: 7
- Given that he is a relatively new pitcher, trivial personal anecdotes about Galarraga we are subjected to: 12
- Different ways in which Jerry Remy struggles to pronounce Armando Galarraga’s name during said anecdotes: 15
- Empty seats left in Comerica Park by the middle of the 8th: 10,000
- Cigarettes eaten by Jim Leyland during each at-bat (no smoking in the park!): 12
Prop Bet of the Night: At least two wild pitches from Galarraga on the night -– he’s had some control issues since being called up to the big show. Lamely, both wild pitches will fail to break a camera as did Jeremy Bonderman’s the other night.
Serious Prediction: Galarraga and Buchholz combine for at least 15 K’s on the night, since, as previously stated, no one on either team knows how to hit the opposing starter.
Fun Fact: The Detroit Tigers’ website just made my Firefox crash twice. Even my computer knows their pitching is garbage.