Friday, April 25, 2008

Who Dat?: Draft Preview: Ah screw it, just get to your predictions!



For the past two weeks you have listened to me go through and analyze some of the top prospects to enter the NFL draft. Boring, I know. I am going to go ahead and skip the rest of the positions because well, they aren't very interesting and I can't see the Pats using a high draft pick on any of them. There is one position I never covered though. And I want to throw my two cents in, and give you what I think the Pats are going to do in the first round of the draft. You can hold me to my prediction, slam me relentlessly, and mock me in the comments when I am most certainly wrong. My prediction is revolutionary, different, and probably unique. My pick is (drum roll please) :


Yes, Matt Ryan, Matty Ice, Matty Ball Game, the chosen son of BC football, whatever the hell you want to call him. Tom Brady isn't a spring chicken anymore and a career threatening injury could hit him any day. How reassuring would it be for Pats fans to have the best QB on the board holding the clipboard instead of Matt Cassel? It makes sense people! And think of the merchandising! Following in the steps of Doug Flutie, Matty Ryan will be staying close to his fan base in New England. Bill Belichick totally buys into this logic, screw going after glaring holes in the LB core or in the terrifyingly undermanned secondary. SENTIMENTALITY WILL RULE. So yeah, with the #7 pick the New England Patriots will select Matt Ryan from the Boston College Eagles. Take it to the Heights Baby! I'd crack a beer to that pick!

Hazel Maes Landing Strip does not actually believe any of the preceding post, in fact he thinks the Pats would be really stupid to go after Matt Ryan. But he likes to dream. Read the comments for HZMLS actual prediction....

3 comments:

Hazel Maes Landing Strip said...

The Pats will trade down and take Keith Rivers from USC.

futuremrsrickankiel said...

STOP TOUCHING YOURSELF TO MATT RYAN

Sh!tShow said...

NO SPOILERS!!!