Monday, April 7, 2008

Sunday Bloody Sunday!

Well, wasn't that a little something? FutureMrs and I hit the Cask yesterday at 1 to have a few drinks, eat some mothafucking nachos and watch Beckett do as he do: Stop a losing streak before it becomes a losing streak. I mean, we weren't gonna get swept by Toronto, right? I even threw a little money on it. And then the bases were loaded, and Beckett was on the bench, and Manny Delcarmen set a tee up for Frank Thomas....






ARRGGHH!!!!




Then I thought maybe I'd hit some makeup bets so I laid $100 each on the Spurs, Suns, and Timberwolves to cover....






Basically, everything I touched yesterday turned to shit. I'm suprised I wasn't pulled over doing 33 in a 30 and arrested. Again.


Back to the Sox for a quick second. Though my gut reaction was concern, I'm cautiously playing the "they're just tired" card, if only because I want to be thinking happy fun thoughts for the home opener. It's safe to say Red Sox Home Opener is one of my favorite days of the year. People at my office treat me like its my birthday. I'm allowed to have MLB.com up on my computer (which I would anyway, but I can do it without "Alt Tabbing" like a madman), I don't have to do shit when the first pitch is thrown, and best of all, my boss condescendingly lets me leave early like he's indulging a child. Of course, I play this up BIG time, since, well, I get to leave early. Even that annoying guy who works upstairs who keeps asking me what the score is (what, you dont have ESPN.com in accounting, asshole? Fucking get it yourself) gets a smile and update.


So, I take tonight to gather my thoughts (and spare change. Jesus Christ I'm down like $350!!!!) and await the REAL start of the season. Not the Japan start, not the Canada start, the actual honest to God Fenway baseball is back start.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go throw up and leave at noon.

2 comments:

Hazel Maes Landing Strip said...

Belligerent voice mails were par for the day as well.

Sh!tShow said...

Hey, great seeing ya! Haven't been ditched like that since prom.

(cries)

Missed a good time, man!