Friday, April 11, 2008

BOOM BITCH!



For the first time this season, the Red Sox bats put together a legitimate offensive performance. During what seemed like a month long game last night (actual time 3 hours, 44 minutes), the Sox outlasted the Tigers 12 - 6 in a game that was close right up until they jollystomped Yorman Bazardo to the tune of 4 earned in the 8th. Until that point, both teams allowed each other plenty of chances to win, with each bullpen practically begging for the loss ( Mr. Tavarez, my death stare is directed at you). JD Drew, to whom I may owe an apology for once wishing horrible afflictions upon, went 3 for 3, and Sean Casey, who has one of the most awkward stances I've ever seen, led the charge, and for that I promise a shot of Johnnie Walker whenever they invite me to one of their super sexy Red Sox parties.




Anytime, fellers.



So the Sox take 2 out of 3 in their first home series against a team that was predicted by many to compete for a championship this year. Looking at this series before the season started ( I do this for every series, and yes, I know I have to much time on my hands) , I marked this as an acceptable scenario. So why does it feel like we didn't do what we were supposed to?

It doesn't take Bill James to tell you that this team is still not clicking. I can't believe I'm nervous about the starting pitching, but I am. The lineup, definitely around last night, hasn't started hitting consistently yet. And to say the bullpen makes me nervous is akin to saying that dropping acid might affect your driving ability.




And now here we are, playing 500 ball with the Yankees coming to town. Luckily, they seem to be off to the same type of start we are. If the weather holds out (is there a counter dance to the rain dance? Should I just do it in reverse?), the pitching matchups look like the series should go our way. I say we lose a heartbreaker in game one, the type of game we have two runners on, down by a run in the ninth. Saturday Beckett comes up big, since he's, you know, Josh Beckett. And Dice K continues to pitch well on Sunday as the bats get to Hughes early and often. These things SHOULD happen.

We'll just see if someone tells the Sox.

4 comments:

A Pimp Named DaveR said...

Possibly the most obscure comment in the history of comments in 3... 2... 1....

Wasn't "Yorman Bazardo" the cheat code in SimCity 2000?

A Pimp Named DaveR said...

(just to show how terminally clever I am)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/mac/code/564292.html

Look under "unlimited cash"

futuremrsrickankiel said...

I heard if you do the rain dance backwards, it syncs up perfectly with The Ducktales Movie.

(sorry for inadvertently burying, btw)

Hazel Maes Landing Strip said...

If I hit Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Select, Start, will that make Manny Delcarmen good again?